Choosing a band for your BIG day can be challenging! This helpful infographic will let you see what to consider before your choose the perfect band.
How to choose a band for your wedding:
- Don't leave booking your band to the last minute
- Good bands get booked up fast
- Book early at the same time as your photographer
- If you are on a small budget consider an all night DJ instead of a band
- 2-3 piece bands will be the entry level for pricing and the prices will rise when you add more members as there are more people to pay. Booking a large band will give you a real fantastic sound with individual instruments but will cost considerably more than a small band using tracks.
Style of band:
- You can choose a style of band that matches your theme and taste from: Floor fillers, Jazz / Swing, Country, Acoustic and Rock Bands
- It takes most bands 60 mins to set up
- Usually Wedding Bands start at 8pm and play for 2/3 hours
- Also consider an after band DJ or book a Band/DJ Package to dance into the small hours
- Make sure your band are fully flexible incase your wedding runs behind
- Consider what dance you would like for your first dance, will the band be able to play it live? or can they play it on mp3?
- Make sure you let your band know any special requests in advance
- Most band have a setlist or playlist, consider asking your DJ after the band to play a personalised playlist. Don't worry if you can't do this as most bands and djs know what they are doing and will read your guests dancing for what works and what does not work.
- Is there a stage or enough space for the band to perform?
- Are there any restrictions on you venue that could affect the band's performance? e.g. Sound Limiters, Parking restrictions, Load in times
- Does your band have adequate Public Liability Insurance? Some venues will not allow your band to setup if they do not have a PLI Certificate
Thanks to EntertainmentIdeas for the infographic